William Bradford: Dear Diary, We have traveled for many days. I havnt seen land for so long Im starting to forget what it looks like. Many people are becoming sick from the sea Im afaird of becoming one of them but if I do then it is by the will of God. We saw the will of God the other day when the Lusty able bodied man was thrown overboard. The captain keeps speaking of how close we are to the New World, I dont see how he can tell everything looks the same to me but he is the captain so he must know. Well it is time to clean up after the sailors I must go now. Hope to be able to write again soon, Katherine Carver
Anne Bradstreet: Dear Diary, Today I have been able to tell my husband how much I miss him while he is away on business without having to worry about how the Puritans will react. I have been able to write till my heart is content without being afraid of how the men react because there are so many female writers now! I still cant get over how the women and girls dress, their showing their legs!! Its so improper!Well I can't wait to find out many of the new things, I still dont get the magic boxes, But I need to go cook dinner so until next time,Anne Bradstreet.
0 comments:
Post a Comment